This changelog is meant as a quick & rough guide to what has changed between versions. The API is now fairly stable but when new calls/features are added they are listed here. Anything pre 0.2.x is ignored.
- Small memleaks plugged
- imraa useless arp statements removed
- NPM 1.5.0 did not 100% match real 1.5.0 tag, this resolves this
- imraa now uses argp, slight option changes, you need to use -a to flash a 101
- Joule i2c enumeration much improved, uses pci id
- Firmata add a spinlock to remove possible race condition
- Mock Uart functionality
- Add support for Siemens SIMATIC IOT2000
- Cmake now enables much more error detection depending on compiler support
- Mraa Maven packages now enabled
- Galileo Gen2 AIO fix using pincmd
- Adding an already added firmata platform now returns MRAA_SUCCESS
- Cmake no longer tags builds without git as '-dirty' version.c for easier packaging support
- Fix GT GPIO bugs
- Mock SPI and travis now uses mock and tests it
- RPI zero support
- Revert 1.2.1 binding.gyp changed that had side effect of enabling JSONPLAT in mraa.c
- improve travis.ci to load mraa.node as compiled from make npmpkg target
- remove jsonplat from prehashed npm builds (see docs/npm.md for details)
- internal spelling fix
- Fix npm pkg build - no other fix
- JSON platform support
- mock I2c functionality
- Intel Joule PWM fix
- AIO firmata bug fix
- Mock platform support
- mraa-i2c treats i2c buses by default as linux
- Intel Joule i2c fixes
- travis now uses 14.04 instead of 12.04
- IIO 4.6 kernel matrix support
- Intel Joule radio led support
- mraa_init_io() examples
- MRAAPLATFORMFORCE fixes
- fix python documentation
- build python2 & python3 bindings
- Intel Joule support
- mraa_init_io() generic funtion
- mraa-gpio fixes
- edison PWM 0% improvements
- iio location maping fix
- Change API to enhance error checking in C. Changes include:
- mraa::Spi:write_word becomes mraa::Spi::writeWord
- Remove MRAA_ERROR_PLATFORM_ALREADY_INITIALISED which was deprecated for C89 compatibility
- Remove pwm config_* apis as unused
- Add mraa_remove_subplatform
- Support NPM for android
- Fix AIO always returning channel 0 with firmata support
- Remove imraa from node package
- Add Firmata support with -DFIRMATA=ON
- Add imraa with support for pinmuxing and arduino101 flashing
- Add better support for NVM installed node via NODE_ROOT_DIR.
- Mraa bindings now link to libmraa.so.x
- mraa_init() now returns MRAA_SUCCESS if platform is already initialize
- Mraa java bindings now support JNI 1.6+
- Added support for a02082 rpi2
- Mraa has a logo!
- ftdi ft4222 now dynamically loaded
- FT4222 improved ISR code
- Add support for the UP board (up-board.org)
- Support OpenJDK 7 as well as OpenJDK 8
- 96board better pin numbering
- node v4 improvements
- Support for PCA9555 i2c expander read/write on FT4222
- Fix issue with edison ADC initilisation
- documentation update
- Intel edison detection much improved
- ftdi ft4222 interrupt improvement
- small fixes to java lib
- Fix bug with mraa_init & USBPLAT
- Add mraa_gpio_read_dir call
- Enable cherryhill/braswell platform
- Improved 96 board support
- Minnowboard Turbot support
- Change to java runables for ISR support
- New platform version call
- Default i2c bus on edison miniboard is now i2c-1
- More compatibility with node.js versions > 0.10
- New C++ get i2c default bus call
- Various bug fixes & optimisations
- Beta iio API in C & C++ (no SWIG support)
- Added 96Board support
- Added Brillo/Android support
- Java ISR fixes
- FT4222 gpio support
- Nodejs 4.1.1 support
- Java examples fixes
- Nodejs SPI tweaks
- Misc fixes
- Better java support
- Support for FT4222 subplatforms
- New types.hpp improves C++ & SWIG APIs
- Added support for minnowboard max compatible boards
- 5th Generation NUC i2c support
- NPM 0.10.x ia32 fix
- Minnowboard i2c fix
- Add NPM arm support
- Uart initialisation improved
- Better i2c bus detection on DE3815 & mmax
- DE3815 i2c fix when using different kernels
- Fixed various memory leaks in SWIG wrappers
- gpio enums all prefixed with mraa_
- Fix SPI CS pin caps causing mux_total to be > 0
- Improved error checking/handling
- Fix node.js npm builds with binding.gyp that didn't use –target-arch
- Uart now uses binary arrays and has optional 'Str' functions in C++/SWIG
- Various Uart module bugfixes
- Node.js 0.12.4 support
- Node.js documentation support
- Uart module now contains read/write interactions and configuration
- Python API contains more buffer checks
- Java support
- RPM cpack support
- Node.js 0.12 support
- NPM support
- Formatting done with clang-format
- Various examples and documentation updates
- Supported added for Beaglebone Black + Banana Pi
- 16bit spi iunctions added
- Node.js ISR now supported
- add device path queries for uart
- add platform configuration querying
- gpio sample added
- improve i2c/spi write/read API for python & nodejs
- performance improvements on edison & galileo
- pwm read_* fix introduced in 0.5.3
- improved npmpkg support
- OE toolchain support added to CMake
- Various UART fixes
- SPI add CS exposure
- Remove functions from mraa.c into modules
- Rework of support for mmap
- Intel Edison MMAP support added. Read and Write
- I2C clean up, add cleaner functions
- MinnowBoard Max support added
- PWM period is written before duty
- Node GYP build supported added
- Add Get Platform Name function
- pwm improvement & bugfix
- spi mraa_spi_bit_per_word fix
- new spi transfer function
- i2c object api uses uint8_t
- i2c readReg() calls added
- edison i2c bus now defaults to a sensible value
- edison uart enable support
- edison hardware CS exposed as IO10
- DE3815tykhe NUC support
- Intel Edison - Mini breakout board support
- Change to use syslog throughout instead of printing to stderr.
- Fix misc issues brought up throuh coverity scans
- Clear up Analog call documentation
- Intel Edison - Arduino board support.
- Boost Allowable i2c busses to 12
- Additional platform hooks added
- ADC is now 10bits by default on all platforms but can be changed
- if only one spidev we default to it reguardless of number
- mraa_pwm_config_ms & mraa_pwm_config_percent functions added
- Uart C++ class added, adds python & node support
- galileo gen2 gpio modes supported
- prefix SPI mode with MRAA_SPI_
- added C++ adc bitness calls
- SPI Mode function now functional, API Change in SPI
- I2C read in swig worked on.
- Galileo Gen 2: PWM setting period sets all channel's period
- Galileo Gen 2: I2C setup now specific to Gen 2.
- General commits around freeing memory at the right times.
- Barebone UART module added.
- Hook branch merged.
- I2C init hooks added.
- Intel Galileo Gen 2, I2C gpio pins now go hiz input when I2C initialised.
- Rename python & nodejs modules to mraa
- common.hpp introduced for C++
- python & nodejs modules can now take binary strings for Spi & I2c
- improved Aio module and clear bitness
- Improved Galileo Gen 2 support
- Rename to mraa
- get_platform_type function added.
- Initial Intel Galileo Gen 2 support
- mraa_gpio_isr parameters added.
- Detection of different supported platforms added.
- mraa_i2c_read now returns length of read
- Add global mraa.h & mraa.hpp headers
- usage of "gpio.h" is not legal you need to use "mraa/gpio.h" unless adding -L/usr/include/mraa
- Added mraa_set_priority call
- Added mmap gpio call mraa_gpio_use_mmaped
- C++ API now uses basic types and not unistd types as C
- Clearer and consistent use of unistd tpyes in C api
- C++ examples added, using c++ headers/api.
- moved to open instead of fopen in all modules
- rename mraa_check functions and made them internal to mraa only.
- removed "export" functions from api
- Intel Galileo Gen 1 (rev d) fixes, incorrect definition of some items
- SPI, implementation completed.
- I2C internal function, completed.
- PWM fix bug in period set method.
- Swig upstream can be used for building.
- No longer builds docs on default cmake, needs flag
- GPIO/PWM ownership guard prevents closing on existing pins, still can be forced.
- C++/Python/Node Enums/const names now do not contain MRAA_GPIO
- Enum type declaration for C++ changed
- Python/Node get_version() -> GetVersion()
- i2c read calls don't use const char* and i2c write calls do
- All mraa_ contexts now are pointers to the actual struct which is not delcared in the header. The only end user change is that instead of returning a type mraa_gpio_context pointer mraa_gpio_init() now returns a mraa_gpio_context (which is actually a pointer to struct _gpio internally).
- C++ API is available, use the .hpp headers and add stdc++ to the linker flags.
- Initial SPI implementation is provided
- First version with API considered 'stable'